TLK-Thermo GmbH offers measurement services in co-operation with the Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Thermodynamik. In existing test facilities, various natural and synthetic refrigerants e.g. R-744, R-134a and newly-developed mixtures, can be used.
Calorimetric test rig for air conditioning and heat pump systems and their components:
- Steady state and transient measurements with ambient conditions in the range from -20°C to 50°C and controlled humidity.
- Measurement of a/c, refrigeration and heat pump systems with up to 25 kW cooling capacity.
- Energy analysis using calorimetric evaporator balances, refrigerant balances, air balances and compressor torque.
Test rigs for:
- R-134a TXV and R-744 valves or ejectors for steady state and transient measurements.
- R-744 accumulators including a glass accumulator for steady state and transient measurements of refrigerant mass and outlet quality.
- R-744 compressors with a large range of speed and refrigerant flow rates for measurement of efficiencies and indicator diagrams.
- Detailed analysis of R-134a condensers including online analysis of mass and non uniform flow distribution.
Further measurement services:
- Analysis of high efficient heat transfer fluids (e.g. nano fluids).
- Thermal imaging with 14 bit temperature resolution and high accuracy calibration.
- Air flow visualization with Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) and 2-D Laser Doppler Anemometry.